Tech junkies and Apple enthusiasts have been waiting for this day since the iPhone 6s release. Apple just dropped the release of the iPhone 7 in stores around the world. To manage historically massive lines on launch days, Apple decided to make the iPhone 7 only available to those who had ordered them in advance. Still, hundreds of eager customers waited outside the New York City flagship store to get their hands on the latest device.
In case you haven’t heard, the iPhone 7 has some pretty sweet features. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- New color option. You can get the iPhone 7 in a sleek jet black It’s also available in its standard colors: rose gold, gold, silver and black.
- Size and weight. It’s 5.44 inches long, 2.64 inches wide, and 0.28 inches thick. It weighs slightly more than half a pound at 4.87 ounces to be exact.
- Similar to previous iPhones, the iPhone 7 comes with a Retina HD display. The screen is 4.7 inches diagonally and has an LED-backlit widescreen.
- Splash, water and dust resistant. Ditch those waterproof underwater cases. You can take the iPhone 7 underwater up to 1 meter deep for up to 30 minutes.
- No headphone jack. Yup, that’s right. You’ll need special wireless headphones such as AirPods.
- Lightning port. Using Lightning cables, this port is used to charge the iPhone, and it also enables features to be run through its earphones. Now the earphones can counterbalance for ambient noise.
- Improved camera. The two lens addition makes for better zooming and higher picture quality. It also uses a better f/1.8 aperture sensor, which enhances low light pictures.
Looking to snatch the iPhone 7 Plus instead? You may have to wait it out a little while longer. The iPhone 7 Plus sold out during the pre-order period along with the iPhone 7 jet black finish. You can find the iPhone 7 in all four of its other finishes at Apple stores and partnering retailers around the world. If you’re willing to wait, you can order one online with shipments later this fall.